Job Title: Camp Counsellor
Reports to: Director of Delivery
Wage: $14.25 per hour
Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
Term: June 14 to September 3, 2021 (12 weeks)
Location: Curve Lake, Ontario
Closing Date: Until filled
Would you like to spend your summer making, creating, thinking, playing, learning, sharing, unlearning, and hacking? Join Pinnguaq this summer and deliver amazing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) experiences to young and enthusiastic learners.
As our Camp Counsellor, you’ll assist our team in delivering high quality learning experiences to communities across Ontario. As a member of our delivery team, you’ll be a public face of the programming we deliver and an ambassador of the work we do.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and deliver day-to-day program content and activities that are age-appropriate and aligned with the program plan
- Ensure a group of assigned campers is supervised and safe
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are in safe working condition before and after each day of camp
- Clean and disinfect facility and equipment per COVID-19 safety measures and guidelines
- Implement program logistics working closely with the Delivery Team
- Utilize appropriate behavior management techniques
- Foster an environment wherein participants have the best camp experience and are challenged in a positive, growth-minded manner
- Represent the Pinnguaq Association in a respectful and sensitive manner
- Where possible, provide feedback for program improvement or expansion, and in the procurement of relevant tools and technologies
- Other duties as assigned
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver projects and programs efficiently, building healthy relationships with external partners
- We ensure participants are growing in a safe and supportive environment, offering high quality and holistic learning opportunities
- We deliver a high quality program that promotes participant growth in social and educational settings to foster repeat attendees
- We capture success stories to promote through our digital channels, that showcase our programming and grows community awareness
Attributes and Qualifications
Equal consideration will be given to non-academic skills and experiences of candidates.
- Post-secondary degree or non-academic equivalent, preferably in the field of education and/or technology
- Experience with media and technology, particularly makerspace technology, such as digital art, 3D printing, Arduino, and basic coding concepts
- Comfortable learning new technology and digital tools
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Work as a collaborative and flexible team player, capable of working in a dynamic team environment
This position is Grant funded. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Pinnguaq Association strongly believes in fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com