Location: Lindsay, ON
Starting Salary: $39,000/year – 37.5 hrs/week
Term: Full-Time/Contract to March 31, 2021 (with possibility for extension)
Reports to: Director of Finance
Closing Date: January 18, 2020
We are a growing Finance team with the rest of the organization and we are saddled with the goal of providing timely financial data and reports to help the organization make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the Finance team, you will be working with professionals who are comfortable with making financial decisions, delivering high-quality financial reporting and budgeting for organizational use. Pinnguaq provides an environment for you to thrive and succeed, joining the team will give you an enabling environment to grow your career.
At Pinnguaq, we seek great minds who continually strive for professional excellence. We believe in people who work as a team, dynamic and dependable. If this sounds like you and you desire to take your career to the next level in our friendly environment, apply today.
- Assist in keeping financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems (esp. Quickbooks online)
- Create and use custom spreadsheets – Google Sheets (or Excel)
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheque requisitions for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms and other government documents
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
Qualifications & Attributes
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business, Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of one years’ accounting or finance experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Skills & Abilities
- Solid working knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel
- Solid working knowledge of Quickbooks Online or similar accounting program
- Superior skills in working with numbers, detail orientated
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity and empathy
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: email@example.com