Job Title: Manager of Evaluation and Reporting
Reports to: Director: Wholistic Growth and Partnership
Location: Remote Available. Preference to applications in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario or Nunavut
Salary: $62,500 (Ontario) annually or $95,000 (Nunavut)
The Manager of Evaluation and Reporting will play a key role in leading the planning, design and implementation of Pinnguaq’s new Evaluation Framework across the organization and projects. This will include: integrating performance measurement/management and reporting through key performance indicators to ensure that programs and projects are running effectively and provide a qualitative, quantitative and methodological evaluation of programs informed by an evidence-based approach that shows impact to beneficiaries and communities. In this role, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders (collaborate with internal cross-functional teams including development staff, curriculum experts, and program staff) and external stakeholders (community and deliver partners, government funders and charitable organizations).The Manager Evaluation and Reporting will act as a central resource for evaluation and lead the design, process, collection methods, implementation and staff induction to a new evaluation program.
This position will provide recommendations regarding all Pinnquag operations, programs, and practices and ensure that the program standards are in compliance with grant reporting requirements. The Manager of Evaluation and Reporting has a high level of responsibility in terms of submitting funder and other reports as well as ensuring program continuity to enhance organizational sustainability.
With 5 years proven experience in measurement and evaluation in the not for profit sector, you have a strong history of designing systems for results-based management. This role requires an in-depth understanding of evaluation methodologies and the ability to use this knowledge and understanding to evaluate program initiatives.You have knowledge and experience with a wide range of topics including theories of change, logic models, quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies and analysis, indicator formulation, target setting, evidence-based decision-making, strategic planning and reporting, beneficiary monitoring and evaluation techniques. You also have experience with innovative and cultural approaches to evaluation.
- Act as an expert advisor, mentor and central resource for the organization’s evaluation work grounded in best practices and ethical implementation of evaluation and research methods. Key emphasis will include adopting de-colonial methods of evaluation and practice for indigenous projects.
- Play a key role in enhancing organizational readiness and capacity for evaluation/research by developing an enhanced evaluation program.
- Implement change management and process improvement. Identify any gaps and organize training for staff on new processes/protocols. Support risk analysis and mitigation strategies, policy changes, and assist in improving management activities.
- Lead the quality of monitoring the project, deliverables and knowledge management components of an enhanced evaluation program.
- Design and coordinate the systematic and standardized collection, analysis, and interpretation of appropriate assessment, monitoring and evaluation data, such as:
- determining the purpose of the evaluation;
- framing evaluation questions;
- developing evaluation design;
- defining evaluation methods (qualitative, quantitative, mixed);
- assessing validity, reliability and trustworthiness of data;
- analyzing and interpreting data;
- drawing conclusions and make recommendations;
- reporting evaluation findings and results through visual means.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards meeting quarterly and annual project objectives and expected outputs/outcomes including selecting progress indicators (pre, during and post funding award).
- With Marketing/Comunication support, assist in the dissemination of various program documents such as newsletters, success stories and other related documents to various stakeholders when required. Help develop visualization (impact graphics, profiles/stories, social media posts etc) to show meaningful evidence of impact.
- Establish comprehensive need assessment tools to support community collaboration, and co-design that can be standardized and used across the organization.
- Through efficient tracking and data collection tools, ensure timely and complete reporting from funding partners in accordance with reporting formats and timelines. This includes providing support through narration.
- Ensure all activities and service deliveries are operated within relevant and best practice integration.
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts.
- Prepare and present regular program analyses for CEO and Board of Directors.
- Collaboratively engage with relevant stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external, to identify and proactively prevent issues and promote improvements (recommend and implement necessary corrective and preventive actions) related to measurement and evaluation).
- Act as a resource and support to staff regarding evaluation and measurement inquiries.
- Supervise a growing team of administrative support for measurement and evaluation.
- Contribute to a fair, positive, and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Attributes and Qualifications
- Related post-secondary education in quantitative and qualitative data collection/analysis and methodologies, statistics, in not-for-profit or related field (IT, Social Science, Business Admin, Communications, Project Management) or a combination of related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Technical / Professional Accreditation (License, Certification, etc): Canadian Evaluation Society Credentialed Evaluator is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including workshop and group facilitation experience.
- 5 years of progressive experience related to major responsibilities of this role, preference will be given to gathering statistics related to the non-profit sector with multiple funding channels.
- Experience with the IT sector (digital skills training for youth and adults, and employment programs (mentoring, internships and job placements).
- Experience with community based research especially with diverse ethno-cultural groups, most notably working with indigenous communities to consider evaluation from a decolonial lens.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and current experience in program logic models, client satisfaction, quantitative and qualitative research, performance metrics, data analysis concepts and technique and quality improvement and process and outcome evaluation methodologies.
- Strong writing skills, both technical writing and storytelling.
- A proactive, organized individual with excellent time management skills, the ability to manage and prioritize deadlines/demands on multiple projects ensuring a high level of accuracy in data collection and the ability to respond to changing needs;
- Knowledge of the development process and the quality assurance methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with internal and external partners, government funders and other community stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, creative, energetic, and able to work as part of an effective team.
- Strong computer skills working with Google and other databases.
- Works within the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Framework
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Mandatory police check – completed within the last six months
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org